All ChemE Career and Communication Lab services are now virtual. Schedule a one-one-one coaching session online with a trained ChE graduate student or postdoc. We can help with your resumes, cover letters, graduate school applications, and faculty applications. Work with us to brainstorm your application strategy, revise a draft of a job application, or prep for an interview with a peer in your field.
You can also consult our online communication guides complete with authentic examples from chemical engineers. Stay tuned for additional resources our new team of career advisors will be developing this spring.
The MIT Career and Professional Development Office has a helpful COVID-19 FAQ section for those seeking jobs or internships. Explore their online resources for career counseling, pre-health advising, the spring career fair and more. Register for Handshake, sign up for job alerts, and post your resume to stay informed about opportunities in your field.
Fall Career Fair Series
Due to limitations caused by COVID-19, the traditional large scale one-day Fall Career Fair will now consist of a Career Exploration Week and a series of smaller career fairs throughout the fall semester with both morning and afternoon sessions. The smaller career fairs will be conducted virtually on the Brazen hiring platform. Employer will be available on the Handshake platform. Registration for the Career Exploration Week events will take place on the Handshake platform with the events themselves hosted largely on Zoom.
|Government, Non-Profit, and Social Impact||Friday, September 25th|
|Consulting, Data Analytics, Finance, Investment and Trading||Thursday, October 1st|
|Biological Engineering Career Expo||Friday, October 2nd|
|Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, and Sciences,||Tuesday, October 6th|
|Hardware, Robotics, and Software||Thursday, October 8th|
|Chemical, Manufacturing, Materials, Supply Chain, and Sustainability||Wednesday, October 21st|
|Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Transportation||Thursday, October 22nd|
Upcoming career-related events, workshops, and company info sessions:
If you have ideas for events we should be having or ways in which we can help you along your career path, email us at email@example.com with your suggestions and feedback.
The Department routinely receives notices of job opportunities and sends them on in the form of an email digest as a service to members of MIT’s Chemical Engineering Department. The positions have not been screened and they are not they endorsed by the Department.
Have a job opportunity you would like circulated to the Chemical Engineering Department? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your listing. Only jobs related to chemical engineering will be passed on in the form of a weekly digest.
General Career Resources
- MIT Career Advising & Professional Development (CAPD) is available to all MIT students for career advice and support.
- Job listings are available on Handshake for all MIT students. You can save a search and get updates when new jobs come in matching your criteria.
- MIT Alumni Advisors Hub: Explore this curated directory of MIT alumni who volunteer time for informational interviews and career conversations.
- The Alumni Association’s Infinite Connection gives you access to the network of MIT alumni, listing graduates by major and their current jobs. You can also search by alumni who have checked off that they would be willing to give career advice.
- Looking for research and fellowship programs? Visit the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education (ODGE) website.