Week of April 23, 2018
- Events and Seminars
- Thesis Defense
- Internships, Fellowships, and Job Opportunities
- UROP Positions
- Other Announcements
- Previous Postings
Events and Seminars
April 23: Student Seminars, 3:00 p.m. in 66-110.
– Christy Chao, “Genotoxicity Testing for Environmental Contaminants”
– Mengjie Liu, “Representation and Modeling of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Reaction Mechanism Generator”
– Michael Orella, “Understanding the Economic Feasibility of Valorizing Lignocellulosic Biomass Through Electrocatalytic Hydrogenation”
April 23: “An Environmental Case for Moderate, Temporary and Responsive Solar Geoengineering” Sid-Pac Presidential Distinguished Lecture, Professor David Keith. [RSVP]
April 24: OGE Financial Literacy For Grad Students Workshop, 12:00-1:30 p.m., 68-181. [Details]
April 25: “Growing Up in Science”, Meejin Yoon, 3:30 -5:00 p.m., 3-133. [Details]
April 26: Mestrelab Research Working Session. [Details]
April 26: Undergraduate Energy Research Fair [Details]
April 27: ChemE Seminar Series: 3:00 p.m. in 66-110.
“Hybrid biological and catalytic processes to manufacture and recycle plastics“, Gregg Beckham, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
April 28-29: The Student Cable IHTFP Film Hackathon & CMS Media Spectacle is back and bigger than ever! [Details]
April 30: ChemE Seminar Series: 3:00 p.m. in 66-110.
– Jonathan Chou, “Development of Layer-by-Layer Films for Controlled Delivery of siRNA”
– Fan He, “Flow system for water treatment by capacitive deionization with redox active porous electrodes”
– Te-Chun Chu, “Modeling of Fuel-rich Methane Oxy-combustion and Reforming under Prototypical Partial Oxidation Conditions”
May 1: Application due for summer workshop in Advanced Functional Fibers and Fabrics for undergrads. [Details]
May 4 – 6: The Chemical Biophysics Symposium, University of Toronto. [Details]
May 1: Zsigmond Varga (Swan Group), “Improved Models of Colloidal Gels: Kinetic Arrest, Relaxation Dynamics, Structural Breakdown and the Role of Hydrodynamic Interactions” 2:00 p.m., 66-360.
May 2: Wenda Tian (Hatton and Rutledge Groups), “Nanostructured Electroactive Polymeric Composites for Energy Storage and Separation Applications” 11:00 a.m., 66-360.
May 4: Leia Dwyer (Myerson Group), “Nanocrystallization confined to porous matrices with and without surface functionalization effects” 3:30 p.m., E17-517.
April 27: Application due for Annual IMES Broshy Fellowship for Graduate Students. [Details]
Amgen: Open position: Process Development Scientist – Pivotal Drug Substance. [Details]
Data Science Fellowships. [Details]
Insight: Accepting fellowship applications from graduating students. [Details]
Graduate Resident Advisor or Tutor (GRA/GRT): Applications are now open. [Details]
For more listing of upcoming career-related events, workshops, and company info sessions visit the Career Advice and Support page.
April 25: Application due to be a Chair of the MIT India Conference in 2019. [Details]
April 29: Application due for the Harvard GSAS Business Club (HGBC) summer Mini-MBA program. [Details]
September 5-6: 5th World Congress on Catalysis and Chemical Engineering – Tokyo. [Details]
ASL and Deaf Culture @ MIT will be offering ASL classes during Spring 2018. [Sign-up]
MassCEC Clean Energy Careers Training & Education: Check out exciting changes & opportunities in 2018.